WE WENT TO TRIAL JUNE 8th, 2020!
This was a virtual trial due to Covid-19. It ran for nearly 2 weeks.
WE DID IT! Read on to find out what happened and what happens now!
Taking on the EPA in Federal Court.
Fluoridation was initiated and spread throughout the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s over fierce objection from an informed and vocal segment of the scientific community. Without one safety study, a toxic pollutant was added to our drinking water. Forty years later in the 1990s it was learned that fluoride crosses the placenta which meant it can harm a developing fetus. Still the policy went on unquestioned.
Finally, 30 years later and backed by an enormous trove of scientific evidence, we are pleased that the case against chemical water fluoridation will have its day in court. We look forward to an end to artificial water fluoridation so that all Americans can have access to clean "un-drugged" water, which is a basic human right.
Moms Against Fluoridation along with other nonprofit organizations and mothers on behalf of their children, is suing the EPA to end water fluoridation. We filed our case in 2017 and have had discovery, a large complex trial and now we are in a post trial period. Our next hearing is in January 2022.
We have successfully passed the Motion to Dismiss, beaten back the EPA's attempt to limit our Discovery and defeated the EPA's Motion for Summary Judgement, had months of intense Discovery, dozens of depostions and a large 2 week Federal Court hearing.
Our life-sustaining drinking water, should never be used as a delivery system for any alleged "drug". The fluoride chemicals that communities are now adding are harming health and our brains including the developing fetus, and we will prove it! The modern science showing harm and adverse effects from drinking fluoride is now huge in both breadth and depth. In the early 1950's when fluoride was rapidly deemed 'safe and effective' to drink and good for our teeth, there were many other things also deemed "safe" out of that era includuing DDT, smoking (by dentists and MD's!), asbsetos, lead in gasoiline and hydrofluorocarbons.
Please consider a donation to help us achieve victory and end water fluoridation in Federal court.
Links To Our Work and the Case
|Information on the Court and trial start on June 8, 2020|
These 9 articles were published in "Inside EPA":
- April 19, 2017: "Suit over EPA Rejection of Fluoride Ban Claims TSCA Misinterpretation"
- January 4, 2018: "Fluoride Case Ruling May Open Door To More TSCA Petitions, Attorneys Say"
- February 7, 2018: " In Another TSCA Defeat, EPA Loses Bid To Limit Scope Of Fluoride Suit"
- February 20, 2018: Downplaying Appeal, EPA Vows To Fight Adverse TSCA Ruling On 'Merits'
- September 24, 2019: EPA, Plaintiffs Battle Over Landmark TSCA Fluoride Trial Schedule"
- December 4, 2019: Judge Grapples With Whether To Dismiss Landmark TSCA Citizen Suit
- January 2, 2020: Judge Again Rejects EPA's Motion To End Landmark TSCA Citizen Suit
- January 15, 2020: TSCA Plaintiffs Overcome Early Hurdles But Face Judge’s Skepticism
- May 27, 2020: Judge: Codifies Key Rulings Ahead Of Landmark TSCA Trial On Fluoride
|Here is the TIMELINE of the Lawsuit- TIMELINE|
|More on the lawsuit from one of our partners!|